Miles Bridges NBA Draft Profile
Miles Bridges: 6’6 220 20 years old Michigan St
- NBA ready body. Tall and long while weighing a muscular 220 lbs. Strength and athleticism are top notch, explosive athlete.
- Attacks the rim with aggression. Knows how to use his body and throw his weight around. Always looking to dunk on someone.
- Solid jump shot, comfortable shooting a variety of ways
- Able to score so many different ways: 1on1, off ball, post up. Able to keep the defender guessing.
- Plays with a high motor. Impacts the boards using power and athleticism (8.3 RPG freshman year)
- Not much of a facilitator (2.4 APG over his college career), ball handling is average.
- Somewhat of a tweener, fits between SG-PF. Though this may not be a significant issue given the position-less game the NBA is trending towards.
- Question his ability to score consistently at the NBA level although the potential is there
Bottom Line/NBA Perspective:
Miles Bridges is a powerful athlete with a fully grown body. He is a bit of a “tweener” but that does not seem to matter much in this day and age. If you can play, you will find a way on the court. Miles Bridges can score inside the paint as well as on the perimeter. Scouts may wish for more from him (quickness, length ball handling) but Bridges is at the very least capable of being a solid starter at the next level with the potential for high production. He is strong, fast, and puts the ball in the hole. He stretches the defense with the 3 ball as well as attacks closeouts and dunks on people. He plays with great energy (coming from a great Michigan St program) and makes sure he is involved crashing the boards. Miles Bridges is a solid all around talent with the room to grow into something special.
NBA Comparison: Rudy Gay