Kevin Knox NBA Draft Profile
Kevin Knox: 6’9 215 18 years old Kentucky
- Very smooth shooter, this combined with his length gives him potential to be a deadly scorer. He can shoot over anybody whether spotting up or on the move/off dribble.
- Great size and athleticism for the forward position. Think Brandon Ingram/Kevin Durant, similar movement skills and size as them.
- Soft touch around the rim, has floaters and good finishing ability.
- Effective playing off of screens, can spot up, drive, or dribble pull up.
- Skilled offensive player.
- Great length, giving him good defensive abilities.
- Relies too heavily on his shooting. At times when the shot isn’t falling he tends to be ineffective though he has to tools to impact the game in other ways.
- Needs to improve strength to be a force on the NBA level.
- Must add to his arsenal of moves. Has the potential to be a great offensive threat but currently does not have the ability.
Bottom Line/NBA Perspective:
Kevin Knox is going to be drafted for his length and his ability to score the ball. He has good 3&D potential but his greatest trait lies in his shooting. Knox has a smooth jumper, which given height and length (6’9”, near 7’0” wingspan) can turn him into an effective two-way weapon in the NBA.
NBA Comparison: Tobias Harris