Lonnie Walker IV NBA Draft Profile
Lonnie Walker: 6’5 195 19 years old Miami
- Has the ability to score from anywhere on the court and create his own shot.
- Explosive athlete with good size, quickness and length for the guard position. Can even play the 3 in small ball situations
- Attacks the rim with ferocity, many times last season he has embarrassed defenders using his vertical leap and strength.
- Has a smooth jumper that opens up the rest of his offensive game. Can hit a variety of difficult shots with range extended to deep 3.
- Uses his long arms along with quickness and athleticism to be a factor on defense.
- Inconsistent. Has shown flashes of special ability but too many times during the season he was not much of a factor on the court (could be attributed to age).
- Mostly a scorer, has the ability to impact in other areas
- Needs to play with more energy, at times he seems lackadaisical/uninterested.
Bottom Line/NBA Perspective:
- The NBA draft puts emphasis on a player’s potential and Lonnie Walker’s is lethal. There were times during his freshman season where he looked like he was headed towards being one of college basketball’s biggest stars. However, the thing that is stopping him from being atop draft boards is his inconsistency and seemingly lack of interest. If he can overcome those issues he experienced as a college freshman during his NBA career he can be one of the best players to come out of this class. Walker’s talent exceeds most of peers’ but talent alone will only go so far.
NBA Comparison: Donovan Mitchell